Thursday, October 5, 2017

An Update

It's been a while since I've written. The reason is because not a whole lot has happened. I have been off work now for a month to work on my health and treatment. Back in July I started to get sick again from treatment. This time it wasn't just one day a few days after treatment. No, this time it was random and starts anywhere from the day of treatment and will last for a few days off and on until the next treatment and that would start it all over again. I get sick off and on every day. Sometimes I can eat Cheez-it crackers and it will help. Other times nothing helps. Not even my anti nausea medicine. It's not fun at all. So, with doctors help and guidance, I am off work for a few months. While being off, I am looking for another job. Something other than dispatching. I'm also writing my children's book. I have a little bit of the book done. I stopped because I got stumped and I'm not sure where to go from where I'm at. I will figure it out soon though.

While I am off, Brandon is still going to day care. For two reasons. One, it's really good for him. Two, we don't want to lose his spot at this amazing day care. It is hard to find day care these days that you trust. Kourtney is amazing and we are very lucky to have her to help us in raising Brandon. She helps in moulding him into the little boy he is. The helpful and thoughtful little man. The last few times I have gone to pick him up, he wants to stay and play. As long as I am there he will play at the end of the day. He will come and give me hugs and cuddle up to me then go back and play. He loves Kourtney too. A few days ago he would run to me then turn back and run to her and give her a hug. Then back to me and hug me. I wonder if he thinks he has two moms. In a way he kind of does. She will be a second mom for a few years. At least until he goes to school.

To put these two paragraphs together, I learned last weekend just how comforting and loving Brandon is. On Saturday we got back from a few errands and while Brandon was playing, I started to feel sick. Crackers were not helping and it got to the point where I had to get to the bathroom. While I was throwing up, Brandon came in and started to comfort me. He was petting my head and cuddling me. When I went to flush the toilet, He helped me and closed the lid. Then, he looked at me and opened the lid again because I was still not feeling well. It was like he knew. Again, he cuddled me and stroked my head. After I was done, he grabbed my hand and walked with me out of the bathroom and led me to my chair. When I sat down, he climbed up and sat with me and cuddled up to me. He stayed there for a good 30 minutes. We have a very loving and concerned little man. A little man who will be 2 years old here really soon.

Brandon turns 2 tomorrow. It has already been two years since he made his entrance into this world and made our lives better. Eric and I can not imagine our lives without him. He is everything to us. I know I love spending time with him and honestly, even though day care is good for him, I wish I could be home with him all the time. But, I do have to work. I will be going back to work. If there was a way I could be successful at making money from home, I would do it. Some of the reason for my children's book is to hopefully make enough money to help him with college in the future. The same goes with turning this blog into a book. I have had so many people tell me that I need to write a book or turn this blog into a book. It's something I am going to do, but it's definitely a difficult thing because I need to find a publisher and then there is the fact that this is all so personal. So, it's tough to get it going. I will. Hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment