Saturday, March 24, 2018

Two Years

Today marks two years since I started this blog to let you all, and anybody else who may want to read it, know about my cancer journey while embracing being a new mom. I only know it has been two years because Facebook told me so. It was on the "On this day" part of my timeline. My first post was titled "You Have Cancer" and basically went through what we had gone through seven months before. About hearing those words and all the emotions we had running through us.

Two year notification of blog

Here it is, two years later, and I write when something comes up worth mentioning. When something gets stuck in my head that pertains to my fight against this ugly beast called Multiple Myeloma. The most recent thing I am doing is looking into a plasma cell study where they will do a study on my plasma cells (well, duh) and see what common factors there are with other people with MM. Of course, that will only happen if I get accepted into this study. If I do, they pay for flight, hotel, transportation to Pennsylvania and will also give you $200 per donation. So, we shall see. Honestly, I don't really want to fly clear across the country without Eric and Brandon, but at the same time, it would be nice to see if I can help anybody with having this study done. We shall see.

Daddy and Brandon

Not much is new in my world. We are just chugging along. Both Eric and I are working and Brandon goes to day care. He is switching, sadly, to a new smaller day care because come May his current amazing one will be closed on Fridays. We felt that for him, he needs consistency. So, we are switching. But, this new one will be amazing also. Rachelle is a wonderful woman and she has the same thought processes as Kourtney. So it shouldn't be too much of a change. Also, we met with an owner of an ABA therapy company that we really wanted and are getting ready to set up therapy for Brandon for the autism side of things. This company is great as they want to teach the parents and caregivers all the tools to help Brandon thrive and once they have done their job, they leave us to it. I love that! Most ABA therapy's want to come in for 30-40 hours a week. I am sorry, a child does not need to have therapy where it's like a job for them. It leaves no time for family time or down time. So, this company we have is great.

Oh! Another thing that is different is that I have printed out this blog up to a certain point to be read by different people to edit it and hopefully get it published. I have had many people say I should turn it into a book, so I have done the first step. I have also just finished, I believe, my children book. Next should be for my friend Bobbi to do the illustration. Hopefully! If she still wants to. She is an amazing artist. such talent with so many different crafty things. I would be honored to have her illustrate my book. I went with a book that depicts kids in a hospital and a magician puts a spell on two of the kids that turns them into a Pegasus and a Unicorn each not after they get their medicine. That's the basis of it. I am not going to give it all away. I need for people to read it.

Rainy day fun

Well, luckily my life is uneventful right now. Which means not much to write about. I only have about four more months of chemo. that would be about nine more sessions. Or is it eight now? I can't remember and I don't feel like getting my calendar out right now. All I know is that two years of maintenance chemotherapy is over in July and I shouldn't be on it anymore until the beast decides to try to torment me again. I can not wait to not be sick every other week. To maybe get some energy back. And just have my life back to almost normal. I will miss seeing all my nurse friends all the time. But I do know that they would be happy for me to not have to be there every other week also.

Mommy and Brandon 

So, off to bed I go. Listening to Eric play his guitar for Brandon in his room. It's so calming. Good night everybody. And THANK YOU for reading my blog these last two years! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment