Thursday, June 16, 2016

Day +10

Today I am day +10 after my transplant. I know I haven't written in a while, but it's because I had those few really bad days likes the doctors and nurses said I would. Fevers, very tired, throwing up, everything. Today, all of that, well, except for  the tiredness, if under control. The tiredness will be going on for a while. I've mentioned it before, but there is a 100 day period from transplant. Kind of like an incubation period. I'll be able to go outside and stuff, but sometimes with my HEPA mask and others without. At least, that's what I'm figuring. The mask thing at least.

For now, I sit here in my hospital room at Stanford, bored. I have things to do, but they don't sound that appealing right now. I just want to be home, with Eric & Brandon. In my own bed. In a place I know. The good thing is, I SHOULD be able to be discharged to home by tomorrow. Fingers crossed! I feel lonely being here by myself. Even before, I was able to have visitors and Eric staying with me. The only thing that changed that was losing the apartment because I was admitted. The only way we had the apartment was because I was there. So, here we are. My family home in Sacramento and me here in the hospital at Stanford. Yay!

I'll be honest, the best news so far is hearing this morning I could go home tomorrow. We just need to see what my labs tonight say. They do labs at 6:00pm. So, we wait all day until they are done and come back. If they are not high enough, they will order another set for 6:00am. Because of the circumstances, they ant to help me get home soon. I will say the doctors here are helping how they can.

Well, today's post is short. Mainly because not much has gone on being here in the hospital and second, because I am getting tired, again. Hopefully I will have more to write the next time I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment