Wednesday, December 7, 2016

My Hair - A Year In the Life

This post is mainly pictures. Pictures of how my hair has been in the last year. From having hair that was longer than it's been in a long time, to an amazing style by my amazing friend Colleen in which I would love to do again, to shaving it all off as it started to fall out, then no hair/bald head, to it growing back, and now the crazy curly mess it is...if I don't put product in it. So, here we go.

Oh! And most people are saying they love my hair this short. Honestly, it's not bad, but I prefer a little more hair. Especially this winter since it's been so cold. I need more beanies!!!

Here's the "Year In the Life" (I took that from Gilmore Girls) of my hair!!

 My hair hadn't been this long in a while - December 2015

 I had it cut short, but didn't know what kind of hair cut to do yet - March 2016

 My amazing haircut I love so much - May 2016

 May 2016

 May 2016

 Had to shave it since it was falling out anyways - May 2016

 Another of it shaved - May 2016

 It's coming out a lot more - May 2016

 It's gone, and before we had to go back to Stanford - May 2016

 Baldness at it's best - June 2016

 It's coming back, almost looks like when I shaved it - August 2016

 A little bit more coming in - September 2016

 My hair now, if I don't put any gel in it - December 2016

And, when I do "tame" it with gel - December 2016

Eric said a few days ago that I have two "duck tails" growing in the back of my head. Where it dips down on either side of my head. I am not cutting my hair until I have more of it. I am afraid of losing my curls I have come to love. My hair was always really straight and you would have to use a full can (ok, a little exaggeration there) of hair spray just to get the curls I did try to stay for even a few hours. Now, I have a head full of what is also known as the "chemo curl". I hope that I can keep a little curl as it grows out and when I cut it. But, if I don't, then I will just deal with it and know I enjoyed having curls for a short time. 

Now, to see how long it will get before I decide to actually cut and style it. I'm sure soon it's going to be unruly for me and I will be calling my amazing friend Colleen to help me figure something cute and sassy to do with it. Until then, I will keep putting gel in my hair to tame it and enjoy my "chemo curls". 

No comments:

Post a Comment