Monday, October 10, 2016

First Day Back To Work

Not what I am used to wearing to work

Today was the day. My first day back to work after 14 months off. I can't believe how fast it came after so long, but it came. Last night I must have checked my alarm 15 times before going to bed to make sure it was set for the right time and was turned on. I only got about 5 1/2 hours of sleep because I couldn't get to sleep. Not to mention, Brandon was wide awake also. So, he and I went to his room so he could play and get some energy out. I was able to get some energy out by organizing all of his clothes. I took ALL of his shorts (he must have about 50 pairs of them) and packed them away except about 6 pair since we are getting into the colder months. I mean, we are supposed to get a few days of rain later this week. Then, I got rid of some of the shirts and onesies that were too small which freed up some hangers to hang the "new" to us shirts from my amazing friend Julie. This boy is set on clothes for a while. The shorts I mentioned before, they were packed away in a plastic container in his closet for now. I am sure he will be able to wear them again come warmer weather. Once I was done with that and satisfied, I played with Brandon to help myself get even more tired. By that time, he was ready for bed, and off to bed we went, at 11:30pm.

Pretty cool to see this for those working mamas out there

My alarm went off way too early. I haven't seen 5:30am in about a year or so. I was not ready to get up, but knew if I didn't I would fall right back to sleep. So, up I went to shower and get ready for my first day back to working. While in the shower I heard Brandon start to whine and wake up, but I knew Eric would get him. Eric did, but Brandon was wide awake laying on our bed when I got out of the shower. Once he saw me, he was excited. Then, he saw me getting dressed and ready for work. Which turned into more whining. When I was done, I gave him hugs and kisses and went downstairs for breakfast and pack my lunch. That didn't take long. I sat in my chair watching some Netflix for about 30 minutes before coming back upstairs to get a coat and brush my teeth. That whole 30 minutes while I was watching Netflix, I could hear Brandon whining and crying. He wanted mama. I gave him more hugs and kisses when I got back upstairs and he wrapped his legs as far around me he could. I'm sure he was trying to lock his ankles together behind me, but his little legs are not long enough yet.

Munchkin while I was at work

I finally got him to calm down some and gave him back to Eric so I could leave, and the whining started again. Broke my heart, but I knew he'd be ok after a while. I grabbed my stuff and off to work I went. So weird to be on my way somewhere at 7am. The sky was beautiful to the east where the sun was coming up for the Sierras. The sky was still a little dark to the west but lightening up from the rising sun. There were a few clouds over towards the Sierras which the sun made look a kind of grey purple color. The drive wasn't too bad going in. It only took me about 30-40 minutes to get there. A lot faster than going to the dispatch center. Once there, I waited a few minutes for my co-worker Dan to arrive. When he did we said our hellos and were anxious to catch up. Did I mention I already knew at least one person I would be working with? After a little catching up, he gave me a tour of the warehouse, introducing me to so many people (whom I am sure I will have to ask their names again) and getting me my key card to get in the building. The lady to got me my key card then gave us a tour of the archives. All the furniture and other old items used in museums throughout the state at different parks.

Sunset on our walk

After the tour it was back to the office we went. We tried to get me into the computer system under my own log on but the computer I was going to be using didn't like me. That part took up a good chunk of our day. Because we needed to go to a few other locations, off to HQ it was to drop off that computer that didn't like me and another. Then off to another two warehouses where I met more people I would be working with. By the time we got back to our office it was almost time to go. The day seemed to go by really fast.

Rolling with his bunny

The drive home wasn't bad at all. It took me about as long to get home as it did to get there. All I could think of on the drive was walking in and having Brandon see me and give me the huge smile with a fast walk towards me like he does for Eric when he gets home from work. But, when I got home he was taking a nap. Not very climatic at all. There is always tomorrow. My mother in law was cook dinner though and father in law and Eric were taking naps. So, I changed into more comfortable clothes and went back downstairs to relax. Everybody woke up and I was right there for Brandon to love on him. I got that huge smile I was waiting for. We all had dinner and then went on a family walk with Brandon in his truck. He brought his bunny for a ride in the truck. More relaxing entailed when we got back home along with dessert and then it was off to bed, or almost bed, for Eric, Brandon and myself.

The bunny

Today was a good day. I missed Brandon so much, but I know he will be there when I get home and he is in good hands. Now, it is off to bed for me as I will be up early again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment