Monday, November 14, 2016

Day Care

So, today was Brandon's first day at day care. Really, we honestly got very lucky being referred to her. I kind of mentioned it before. I must have, over the month of October, spoken to up to 50 different people. Through e-mail and phone. Nobody had openings nor did they offer to help. We we so frustrated. I was so frustrated. Both Eric and I said several times that we wished our friend Julie lived so much closer. If so, we wouldn't have to go through the trouble of finding somebody or a place. Then, the last person I spoke to, Lynne offered to help with referrals. Somebody was willing to help! I was in awe and just so very thankful. She even said she wished she could take him she just didn't have the room. She gave me two names. One lady was in Rocklin and the other, Kourtney, here in Lincoln. And, not just was she in Lincoln, she is basically right around the block! Say what?! Lynne gave Kourtney my information and I got a call from her on Thursday last week. Everything was great when we talked so we scheduled for us to come by and see the place and meet her.



Friday I was antsy all day. I just wanted it to be 5:30 already so we could go and meet Kourtney and see how this would fit. IF it would fit. I had my fingers crossed it would. We finally got out of the house and ran some errands. It helped with the antsyness. Finally, 5:30 came and we went over to her house to meet her and see the area she runs the day care out of. Basically, her whole house, but the front room is all decked out for the day care/preschool. Brandon got right to playing with her kids. Especially her 14 month old. Brandon had somebody his own age to play with. Eric asked questions he had and we explained our situation. Everything was great. We liked her, Brandon liked her kids and best of all, Brandon liked her. He went over to her a few times and gave her a hug. The whole time there I kept thinking that she looked familiar. I couldn't place it, but she looked familiar. Later that night at home I realized why. She bought Brandons old walker off us for camping for her son. Such a small world! She was meant to be in our lives.



All weekend we started to slowly get things ready for today, Monday. Last night we really got everything ready. Paperwork signed and his bag packed. Even put his initials on his clothes per her request. Just in case they get dirty and have to come off. Everything was set. We decided to have Brandon there at 9am (Eric usually doesn't work until 3 or so) so he could get the full experience and get tired also so he could sleep at nap time. Which worked! But I'll mention that later. Eric said Brandon did really well when he dropped him off. He walked right up to Kourtney and gave her a hug. Then off to play with the other kids. I picked Brandon up a little after 4:00. When I got there he was having a little snack wth her son and got a smile on his face when he saw me. He finished up and Kourtney's helper got him washed up. She handed him to me and then was trying to get him back to change his diaper for me and he wouldn't let go. He loves it there, but he definitely loves his mama. Kourtney said he was such a chill boy. She mentioned how her son would follow him around and give him hugs for a while. Looks like they may end up being best friends. He's so adorable too. She said that for nap time he slept from about 1:30 to 3:30. A 2 hour nap! All on his own! Woohoo!!!



We left and came home. As much as he loves it at day care, he loves home too. He went right for his truck. Even though he had one to play in while at Kourtney's. We had some cuddle time. Play time. He had dinner and around 6:15 or 6:30 he was getting whiny. His tired whiny. So, upstairs we came and got cleaned up and pajamas on. He watched a little cartoon then cuddled up in my lap and had his bottle and right to sleep he went before 7:30pm. I think day care is going to be good in more ways than one. He's snoring away in his crib while I type. I know parents always worry about their kids when they are with somebody new. I don't feel like I need to. I know he is safe with Kourtney and her helpers and the other kids. I know he's getting the rest, play and nutrition he should get. This is great for him all around. Day care is a tough thing for parents to find. I see why some start looking BEFORE they give birth. I was lucky enough to have a whole year off with him so we didn't have to worry about it right away. But, I should have started looking sooner. It was just tough not knowing when I was going back to work. But, all is well in the world now. We have a great day care we don't ever want to leave and it's only been one day.

Out before 7:30...this NEVER happens

1 comment:

  1. Yay so glad it went well. It sounds like a great fit.

    ReplyDelete