Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thankful

Today is Thanksgiving. My second Thanksgiving with Multiple Myeloma. My first one being sick with a head cold. But I'm getting through it. It seems my cold gets worse at night and better for the day time. Lucky it's better for the day time. Then I can be apart of the rest of the party with everybody. This year we have my dad and his girlfriend Linda. Simple easy Thanksgiving at home.



It's Brandon's second Thanksgiving also, but his first where he's aware of what's going on. He sees us cooking a lot of food and wants to be apart of the action. So, Eric has him sitting in his high chair in the kitchen with him while he cuts the turkey. He's a happy camper sitting there with daddy.



Before the majority of the cooking was under way, my dad and Linda took Kahlua and Brandon for a walk over to the park and to play at the park. I would say they were gone for about an hour and a half. By the time they got back, Brandon was asleep in his truck. Passed out for who knows how long on the walk back and for probably 30 minutes after they got back. He definitely needed the nap before dinner.




Dinner was a success. It seems each year we make something a little different. This year we made, along with green bean casserole, peas artichoke hearts and mushrooms. We also made the sweet potatoes candies (which was an accident) and open faced. Eric always does something different with the turkey but it's always good. This year he made boobs out of lemon on it. Yes, boys will be boys. It was funny.



Now, we sit, in a food coma, waiting until we can all have some pie. I started to clean everything up but my back started to hurt pretty bad. But I think I got most of it done. At least all the food is put in smaller containers to be put in the refrigerator for left overs. I did some of the dishes and then it was medicine time. Eric was giving Brandon a bath during all of this because he needed to calm down and  have his sinus cleared up. His head cold is running it's course.



This year, I am thankful to be here. I am thankful for my oncologists (Kaiser and Stanford) and my nurses. They work so hard to help us cancer patients feel comfortable and help us all get the best treatment possible for our situations. Also, for the possibility of having my back cemented so I can have a "normal" life again. That will be another post next week after my consultation. Now, to enjoy our company and relax for the evening. Pie will be coming up real soon now.

No comments:

Post a Comment