Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Hair Day

Family Photo

Today became hair day. Well, after travel day. We left Stanford to drive home at about noon today. Before that, when I woke up, I was running my fingers through my hair. Now, since I cut my hair to the awesome funky short hair cut, I haven't had any shedding. This morning, I had some clumps come out. It also happened in the shower while washing my hair and then while combing my hair. I showed and told Eric what was happening and we decided that when we got home today, we would shave it. While driving home, I had a few more clumps that came out while running my fingers through my hair. Not huge clumps that left me with bald spots, but enough that I knew it was starting to fall out. So, it had to happen.



Clumps

We got home, unloaded the car and then relaxed a little bit with the dogs and then with Brandon in his room. Finally, we set everything up to shave my hair off. Eric got his clippers out and the sheet he uses as a drop cloth for cutting his hair. I set a chair down and added a blanket and old pillow covered by a towel so I could see myself in the mirror. Once Brandon was situated with his toys on the floor, we got to the shaving. It was a weird feeling to have him shaving my hair off for me. Usually, for anything hair related, I would go to my friend Colleen and to the salon she works at. But for this, it was a need to do now and Eric really wanted to do it.

Before

We did a few different pictures. I took a before picture. Of how my hair was. Then, as he was about to shave my hair, we did a goofy picture when honestly, he kind of looks like a psycho. But it was funny. A few others were while he was actually shaving it of me with a scared look and then a crazy long on top only and shaved around the sides. We did a mohawk too before we shaved off the rest. I was scared to. Not sure why. It's just a crazy mohawk. But for some reason I didn't want to. Then, I said to myself, "What the heck! I'll never have it again." And told him to go ahead and do it. After we got a picture, off it all went. One big clump of hair. There in his hand.

 Crazy eyes! 



Eric finished up my hair. Making sure to get any extra spots taken care of and to even out my hair. Then, we were done. My hair was all over the drop cloth. And my hair felt even lighter than when I went to the funky cut. I was a little worried too how Brandon was going to take it. What he was going to think. The other cut I wasn't so much since I did pull my hair back a lot. But this time. This time all my hair was going to be gone. But, he could care less. He still got a huge smile on his face and wanted his mommy. The dogs didn't react differently either. You never know with them. But, they still wanted some love from their mommy. I swear, sometimes I think they know what's going on and how I may be feeling. Before we left for Stanford on Sunday, Azul was almost attached to me for a few days. Sitting as close as he could to me without sitting on me. Kahlua wanted to be sitting with me.

Mohawk

After dinner, I was starting to get really tired. So, since it was already about 8pm, we decided to come upstairs to really wind down and go to bed. As you can tell, it's almost 10pm and I am awake. I had decided to take a relaxing bath for my back and while I was waiting for Eric to get upstairs to take care of Brandon, I was sitting there playing with him. This was funny. He was laying on the floor, looked at me, and just started to giggle. Full on belly giggles. I think it was the hair. I think it really got him going. I didn't have to tickle him or make silly faces. He was just giggling. And cooing. And talking away. I love that my new hair doesn't bother him. Especially since there is still one more step. The step where even this buzzed head will be falling out and I will be like Mr. Clean!

 Finished!

My Rock! My "Twin"!

Now, I need to figure out how to wrap some scarves around my head. I will embrace the baldness, but at the same time, my head has never seen the light of day. It's white. Very white. It will burn. And, it's hot here. Today it was in the 90's, and this summer it will only get hotter. So, light scarves and some hats it is.

Writing

No comments:

Post a Comment