Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Little Mans First Time Swimming

Yesterday, Tuesday the 3rd of May, after all the appointments and classes we had (ok, there was 1 appointment and one class but it seemed like it was a VERY long day) we decided to go swimming. The main reason for that was because once I got my Hickman Line (the next post will be about that and the process) I wasn't going to be able to go swimming until after the end of my 100 days after transplant. So, we got back to our little apartment, got myself and Brandon in our swim gear and headed down to the pool.



We got down there and Brandon saw the big "bathtub" and started to get excited. He was kicking his legs around in my arms and making his excited squeals and all smiles. We got in and it was a little cold, but we started off on the steps with him standing up while I held his hands. He got a huge smile on his face. Which in turn made my heart leap for joy. It makes me so happy to have him love the water so much. With me being a "water baby" and growing up swimming, going to the beach and playing water polo, I have my little water baby. He is his mothers son.



We got all the way in and it's like he knew exactly what to do. My swim instructor in me kicked back in really fast and I help him on his chest and he started kicking on his own. I even turned him over on his back and he knew to kick that way too. He was so excited. Splashing, smiling, giggling, and just happy to be in the pool. I finally got in to my shoulders also since it was pretty cold to myself. Then, came time for the dunk. I stood there smiling and talking to him and then bobbed him up and down in the water a few times and blew in his face and dunked him under really fast. Of course, that startled him. At first he didn't know what to think of it. Then the look on his face was not a happy one but he was still happy to be with mommy in the water.



We only swam for about 10 or 15 minutes because it was so cold. We got out, got dried off and then rested and got warm before walking back up to the room. It made my heart happy and brought a huge smile to my face to have been able to take him swimming and for him to like the pool so much. Now I will feel much better about him going swimming with other people like his grandma and grandpas in June when we are back here for my transplant. It will also help tire him out too and maybe he will sleep even longer during the nights.

 After swimming, resting and comfortable 

Happy boy in the water. He was in his element.

No comments:

Post a Comment