Monday, July 25, 2016

Day +48 - First Sit Down Restaurant Outing

On day +31 I was able to eat out. I didn't have anymore restrictions. It was nice knowing I didn't have anymore restrictions, but at the same time, I didn't feel like eating out. Probably because at that point it had only been a month since I had had my transplant and I was still getting my appetite back. Honestly, it's still not back, but it's much better.

Since the restriction ban was lifted, we have had fast food. I've had a burger from Carls Jr, chicken sandwich from Jack In the Box, chicken nuggets from McDonalds, those amazing carne aside fries from Adalbertos, and of course Taco Bell. As you can see, my stomach does well with those. And, if it does well with those, then a restaurant should be ok. So, today, we met up with Eric's parents. Well, Brandon and I did. Eric was exhausted and rightfully so. He's been working a lot lately. Honestly, I can't remember the last time he had a day off. So, he stayed home to rest. I ran and picked up my prescriptions and then Brandon and I met Eric's parents at Olive Garden.

I love Olive Garden. I was hoping that going there, getting what I usually get, wasn't going to be disappointing. In June, at my last appointment in the Infusion Treatment Center at Stanford, my NP told us that we should wait to go to our favorite place since my taste buds are a bit off.  She said that it could take a month or two until they got back to or close to normal. So, I was nervous going to Olive Garden. But, luckily, everything tasted as I remembered. The salad, the bread sticks and my build your own pasta of Cavatappi with Garlic Alfredo and chicken. My own little "fettuccini" alfredo with chicken. So yummy. So creamy. Of course, you have to get the extra cheese. And LOTS of it! I missed their salad and breadsticks. We have their dressing at home, but it's not the same as when you get it there in the restaurant.

It was great to be able to eat out. At a restaurant when it's not fast food. We don't do it all the time. In fact, the next time will probably be in early August for out anniversary and my birthday all rolled into one. Restaurant of choice at that time? Probably Buca di Bepo. As you can see, I love Italian food. I also love Mexican, but Italian seems to be the way to go right now. We are not sure yet when we will celebrate those two events, but it will most likely be family and maybe a few friends for this dinner. At Buca, if you've never been, it's family style. You order a few items and everybody eats it. I love this way. You usually have left overs too. Which, I love from Buca.

Well, now I'm just rambling about food. Maybe I'm a little hungry. Even if I am, I'm not eating now. Since it is after midnight. Oh! And it's after midnight because little mister man decided to wake up and is now having a party in his crib and doesn't want to go to sleep. Even with the noise machine. I also tried our other sleep aides of Jack Johnson and then lullaby on You Tube. Not working tonight. So, it is crying in his crib for a little bit to get him tired out. It'll work. I've had to do it before. I hate it, but I will do it if it means he will eventually be going to sleep. So, here, I sit, fishing this blog listening to a fussy baby. Fussy because his cries right now are very fake. I'll wake for 10 minutes of full crying. Well, I'll let you all go for now. Posts are getting further apart because I don't have much new to write about. Chat with you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment