Saturday, July 30, 2016

Day +53 - A Bunch Of Randoms

Todays post is just a bunch of random thoughts or things going on. Like I keep saying, my doctors still think I am doing really well and I haven't had any set backs at all. One good thing? I only have to take one of my pills, Bactrim for another 6 days. I had to take that medication from day +30 through to day +60. There is an infection that can occur after a transplant between those days. So, in order to keep ahead of it, I had to take the Bactrim as a precaution. No big deal. I already had the medication from back when I was first diagnosed and was pregnant. It doesn't give me any side affects, so I had no problem taking it. Especially since the dose I had was a big one. I got to cut the pill in half and take that twice a day.

A look at the out of control eyebrows...and the cutie...a few days ago

Something a little funny here. Brandon has gotten into this really weird and silly habit the last two months or so. It's odd, strange and funny a little all at the same time. He doesn't understand me yet when I say "You can pick your friends. You can pick your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose". In this case, I change "friends" to "mama's". You can probably tell where this is going already. But here's the backstory, sort of. When I feed him or hold him to help him get to sleep, he likes to touch my face. He will touch my eyes, mouth, ears, cheeks, and of course nose. I don't mind him touching my face. He's pretty gentle and he's learning. He's learning what's on people's faces. But, now, he's sticking his finger up my nose and moving it around. How do you tell a 9 month old not to do that other than saying "no", pulling his finger out and moving away? To me, it's funny, but at the same time disgusting. He shouldn't pick other people's noses. So, that's something we need to work on with him.

Snatched my Pop Tart the other day

Another pretty cool thing is that my hair is growing back. Well, starting to grow back. Slowly. I did start taking Hair, Skin, Nails from It Works. A fellow MM fighter and new friend used it and her hair grew back faster in a month. So, I'm excited to see what mine does. So far, just from feeling it (yep, I rub my head to feel my hair), it feels like peach fuzz. It's soft and you can barely see it, but it's there. I will say, it's nice not having hair right now. With the weather being as hot as it is, it's nice to have no hair. Or at least almost no hair. I remember when I have hair it's always pulled up in a bun or pony tail in the summer because of how hot it gets. Today alone was about 108*. Way too hot for me. I'm good keeping it in the 60's and 70's. This 100+ degree heat is horrible. But, I will be happy when I have hair again also. Especially with winter coming. So, in the next few weeks I will be posting my hair pictures. Well, when it's been a month of taking the pills. The hairs that are growing back the fastest are my eyebrows and unfortunately, my chin. Come on girls. You know you get hairs there too. Some people are lucky enough to pluck it. Others, like me, have to have it threaded. Same with my eyebrows. I'm not ready to go have my eyebrows done, but I know I should since they are looking pretty bad.

My world, daddy's home from work

The only thing that's been annoying is the fact that since my transplant and almost immediately after it, my skin is very dry. I am constantly having to put lotion on. I have Cetaphil that Stanford gave me. But I also use my Perfectly Posh Fresh Creamy Milk stuff. It's definitely hydrating. I'll alternate with those two lotions/body butter. For my face, because it gets so dry it flakes, I use several different Perfectly Posh items. They all work and all are different consistencies. So I use certain ones at certain times of the day. I'll be happy when the dryness gets under control. It's tough keeping up with it and I feel like I need to bring all the different lotions with me when I go out. Mainly for my face. I can use regular hand creme for the rest of the day. But my face. It's the flakiness that drives me nuts!

So, there are updates of randomness for you. Some a little funny, some exciting, some annoying. But, that is life. Now, off to bed for me.


My little man before his message below


Here's a little message from Brandon. He wanted to write too:

,.,,,,m/     /////l///kll++l ;................fffff



Good night world!

No comments:

Post a Comment