Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Day +50 - Half Way There

Today was day +50. That means I am half way through the 100 days. I didn't do too much today. It was a normal day. Except, I did go get a treat I've been wanting. Originally I was thinking of getting a cupcake from a place called Icing On the Cupcake that's not far away. Then, I decided that should be for my 100 days celebration. So, I opted to stick in town. I ran a few errands, then the last stop was the treat.

The weather was about 108* today. Give or take a few degrees really. Either way, it was scorching hot. Too hot for me. So, I went for frozen yogurt. Even though the new place in town (which will remain nameless) is closer, I have had bad service there the few times I've gone for us. So, I went to my favorite place. Homespun Yogurt. I personally think they have more of a selection in their flavors. Their employees are courteous and always happy. Always willing to help. I ended up with one of my old favorites, coconut and added in some orange tropical sorbet flavor also. Great choice! I took it home and enjoyed it in the air conditioning. With Brandon. Yes, I let him have a little bit.

Me and my Froyo! 

You see, I haven't had frozen yogurt in a while because it was one thing on the "no no" list for my special diet. Well, I'd be able to have stuff from the grocery store ice cream aisle, but not the good stuff from the stores. The more fresh stuff I guess you can say. So, today was a great treat. And it hit the spot. I was happy I decided to switch it up from cupcakes to frozen yogurt. When I hot the 100 days, cupcakes will be better because it shouldn't be as hot as it is now and they seem a lot better for a 100 day anniversary.

I didn't make anything special for dinner. I had some of my left overs from Olive Garden and some lemonade. It really was a regular day for the half way mark. Why celebrate too much now when you can celebrate a lot more later? I'm still feeling great. No nausea in the last week or so and my energy is slowly getting better. It better because I am sure Brandon is going to be walking here in the next few weeks. Hopefully he does it before I go back to work. Now, I sit here in bed, waiting for Eric to get home from work, watching Criminal Minds on Netflix and listening to Brandon sleep in his crib next to me. I also hear the noise machine for him, but it works to keep him sleeping, so I will take it. The evening is winding down and I will probably play a little sudoku here in a little bit before heading off to sleepy land.

Thank you for enduring the first 50 days after transplant with me. Here's to the next 50 (toasting with my lemonade)!

No comments:

Post a Comment